TOP MBBS MEDICAL COLLEGES IN CHENNAI:
Chennai draws around 45 percent of foreign health patients and 30 to 40 percent of local health patients. The city is known as India's health capital. The total number of MBBS medical colleges in Chennai is 19 in which 10 colleges are private sector and 9 MBBS medical colleges by government.
- The most famous MBBS medical college in Chennai is Madras Medical College that holds the rank of 12th across India by the Survey of NIRF.
- One of the most desirable private MBBS medical colleges in Chennai is Sri Lalithambigai Medical College and Hospital that has the rank of 39th/53 across India by the report of India Today.
- Some of the MBBS private colleges in Chennai are: Sri Ramachandra Institution of Higher Education and Research, SRM Medical College Chennai , Vels Institute of Science, Technology & Advanced Studies (VISTAS), Saveetha University
- The Total number of government MBBS seats in Chennai medical college are 875.
- The Total number of Private MBBS seats in Chennai medical college are 1900.